The Department of Research and Development supports the research and development projects of members of staff at KPH. It provides individual advice and helps to strengthen the networking of researchers in their teams, of competence centres and cooperative projects. It ensures quality control through research applications, feedback procedures and specific staff development programmes. The cooperation with students and a better coupling of research, teaching and teaching practice are key concerns.
The competence centres at the KPH Vienna/Krems are regarded as opportunities for academic and interdisciplinary discourse and networking, through which new research projects are generated. The key concerns of these centres are subject areas which are of wider importance in initial teacher education, in continuous teacher education and in advanced teacher training.
- Elementary and primary pedagogy
- Intercultural, interreligious and
- inter-denominational teaching and learning
- Mathematics and digital environments
- Human Rights pedagogy
- Teaching and learning of languages
- Value-oriented didactics in economics